What is local Search Engine Optimization (SEO)? Simply put, Local SEO is a method for displaying business on local search. Maybe you’ve felt the benefits when searching for the nearest store or restaurant through a search engine.
Why is local SEO important? The reason is simple. Research shows that about 46% of Google users search locally. In fact, as many as 29% of local searches lead to purchases.
Really a very good opportunity, right?
In other words, local SEO can help the nearest prospective buyer find your business. They can also get a variety of complete information, ranging from the products you offer, addresses, to operating hours.
So, are you ready to learn local SEO? In this article, we will provide six practical steps for applying it. Let’s get started!
6 Easy Steps for Local SEO Optimization
Based on research, there are several factors that most influence local SEO:
1. Google My Business Signals (25.12%) – the indicator is the location of Google users, business categories, and keywords in the business name.
2. Link Signals (16.53%) – influenced by anchor text, domain authority, and domain quantity.
3. Review Signals (15.44%) – influenced by the number of reviews and the diversity of reviews.
4. On-page Signals (13.82%) – influenced by the use of NAPs and keywords.
5. Citation Signals (10.82%) – influenced by the consistency of NAP on various platforms.
Knowing the factors above is not enough. You also need to be able to use it. Therefore, we will explain one by one the methods that you can use to optimize these factors.
1. Complete the Profile
Indeed, basically Local SEO can be applied on various platforms (including Bing Places and Apple Maps).
Therefore, we recommend starting with the implementation of local SEO with Google optimization.
According to Google, here is the information that you must complete to make it easier to find in local search:
- Location. Enter the address, and verify your business location.
- Phone number. Make sure the phone number listed is active.
- Category. Choose the appropriate category to add relevance.
- Attributes. Explain what your business offers.
- Operational hour. Let potential customers know when the right time to contact or visit your business.
- Photos. Show various photos to build consumer expectations.
2. Keyword Research
Okay, so how do you improve your website’s ranking in organic search results?
Keyword research is the answer.
Keywords are keywords that are typed by potential customers when searching. By doing keyword research, you will understand what consumers want, especially when they are doing a local search.
3. Perform On-Page SEO
The main function of on-page SEO is to make it easier for search engines to understand the content of your website. The easier your content is understood, the easier your content will appear in search results.
4. Link Building
Besides being relevant to user needs, authority or popularity of a website also determines whether your website appears in the top search results.
Then how to measure authority? In this case, you need to understand the concepts of Domain Authority and Page Authority.
5. Add Biodata Quotations
Quote of your business biodata on the internet. The basic format is: Name, Address and Telephone number.
Why is this important? Because, biographical citations are also one of the factors that can make your business relevant in local search. The more often your business biodata appears on the internet, it means that your business is more existent.
6. Pay Attention to Every Consumer Review
The last is a review. Although it sounds simple, 82% of consumers refer to reviews when looking for local businesses. In addition, reviews are also one of the factors that influence local SEO.
Wait a minute, what’s the relationship between reviews and local SEO?
It should be noted, that the number of reviews and the diversity of reviews included in the Indicators considered in local SEO.